You're here » Home Page » Forum » Re : : Only sound but no video (black screen) [Help]

Connexion

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Social Networks

New Users

Rosii38 2024/4/19
Carloza502 2024/4/17
MartinaRep 2024/4/17
ReginaBidm 2024/4/17
Maximilian 2024/4/17
JVFBritney 2024/4/17
Alta78P82 2024/4/16
MarkT7319 2024/4/16
KarlaPedle 2024/4/16
MyrtisRina 2024/4/15

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re : : Only sound but no video (black screen)
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

The transcoding command I use for Android is something like :

:sout=#transcode{deinterlace,vcodec=h264,vb=250,scale=1,fps=25,venc=x264{aud,profile=baseline,level=30,keyint=30,ref=1},acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=http,mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=192.168.1.xxx:80/12345678_stream.flv}

You can type it in the VLC tool directly and check what it does.
If you find a solution that works for your situation and that still provide a flash stream that can be played with a flash player then tell me. I will then modify the current command line.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2014/1/6 9:35

Re: Re : : Only sound but no video (black screen)
Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
Yes, indeed bad news… but we'll get there!
Anyway, I am testing and setting up the streams directly in VLC player (see snapshot in annex), so I am not working with command lines.
What I discovered is if I stream the file with a transcoding profile with “Encapsulation”=MPEG-TS to another file, the stream works fine for Video and Audio. While if I use a transcoding profile with “Encapsulation”= FLV (or also MP4/MOV) the stream does not work anymore (no Video).
What concerns the Transcode command you are using mux=flv, shouldn’t this be mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv} ?
Anyway, could you send me the transcoding lines that you are using in Enigma TV so that I can do some trials with it and eventually make some slight modifications to make it work for me and let you know?
Thanks,

Best regards.

Attach file:

jpg  VLC_Stream.JPG (50.13 KB)
7001_52c93b8ea6fe0.jpg 640X576 px

Posted on: 2014/1/5 12:07
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello,

Bad new ... I removed the 'fix' ...
I use mux=flv to transcode the stream ... I cannot change this otherwise the web media player will not be able to read the stream.
Please send me the full transcoding line that you use to get a video + sound.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2014/1/4 22:27

Re: Only sound but no video (black screen)
Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
Thank you for sending me these files and sorry for the late reaction.
1) Unfortunately I don’t have good news because the problem is still not solved with start time = 2 sec:
a) The record (that I have send to you) now works fine with the new settings BUT there are other records that worked fine before and that now do not work anymore (no video) with the new settings (start time = 2 sec).
b) Also the problem with sometimes “no video” after channel switch is still present!
=> Start time = 2 sec does not seem to be the right solution and I would therefor suggest NOT to implement it as a standard modification for future EnigmaTV releases.
2) However, I have been doing some further tests with VLC streaming and I found a solution that seems to work fine on all my records: When I select for the transcoding a streaming profile with “Encapsulation” = MPEG-TS (instead of the MP4/MOV that is standard suggested by VLC), all the streams seem to work fine.(see snapshot in annex).
a) What is the “Encapsulation” format that is standard used in Enigma TV?
b) Could you try to change it to MPEG-TS and test my record?
c) Can you then send me by email a zip file with the adjusted enigma files so that I can test the EnigmaTV streaming on all the records and on channel switch?

Thanks again for your help and sorry for insisting.
Best regards.

Attach file:

jpg  Encapsulation.JPG (39.24 KB)
7001_52c80bfa6af55.jpg 800X456 px

Posted on: 2014/1/4 14:29
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Ok, I can do this ...
Just check your Email from time to time ... I will send it today.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/28 13:21

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
Thanks for your fast reaction.
I already tried to set this option directly in the "preferences" of the VLC that is used by EnigmaTV but unfortunately this does NOT help.
=> Any chance that you can send me by email a zip file with the EnigmaTV files including the corrected source code?

Thanks and best regards.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 13:05

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

I implemented this in the source code ... So not possible to test directly.
One thing you can try is to set this option in the VLC dedicated to Enigma-TV.
You will find it under C:\users\YourName\EnigmaTV\VLC\

Tell me if that helps.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/28 12:48

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,

This is good news. This will probably also solve my "no video" problem after channel switch (but still to test). Strange that you have to set it at 2 sec because for me (stream directly in VLC) it also works on 1 sec with sound and video.
All my sympathies that you want to spend more time with your family during Chritmass holliday!
However, is there a possibility that I can already implement and test this new setting (MyMedia.AddOption("start-time=2") with Enigma TV? In this way I can also test if the occasional 'no video" at channel switch is also solved so that we can hopefully state that your tool is also compatible with the VTI 6.05 image (running on my VU+duo). Also my daughter will be happy to be finally able to watch TV and records in her "student room" without any problems.
Thanks again and further enjoy hour Christmass Holidays.
Best regards.

Posted on: 2013/12/28 12:23

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

And you are RIGHT !
I added an option to start the video at 1 sec first ... the video started with a picture but no sound !
Then I set the start option to 2 secs ... all ok !!! sound + video.

MyMedia.AddOption("start-time=2")

You will then get this at the next release.
In this holiday time, I would like to spend a bit time with my familly ... but beginning Jan, I will do the last changes I have planned (EPG in client apps) and then publish.

Thanks for your nice explanation.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/27 21:05

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
This time with the sapshot included!
deverbie

deverbie wrote:
Hello Sébastien,
Thanks for all the efforts that you have done for trying to help me.
Please don't give up yet, because I am convinced that togheter we can find a solution and I think we are close:
Facts are:
1) If you "play" the file directly in the mediaplayer of Enigma Server or directly in VLC player all works fine with Video!
2) If you try to "stream" the file using Enigma TV or even using VLC directly the stream starts without Video!
3) IMPORTANT: If I change the "start time" to 1 sec in the VLC preference settings (Tools/ Preferences) -> see snapshot in annex. Then close VLC completely and then open VLC again, load the file and start the stream => Then it works with Video.
=> The only thing is that using the Enigma web browser it still does not work (because the 1 sec start time is not implemented?)
Could you please try to repeat your tests with the start time = 1 sec and if possible implement this in EnigmaTV!
Sorry for insisting and thanks again for your time.
Best regards and enjoy the Christmas holidays![/quote]

Attach file:

jpg  VLC_start_time.JPG (73.25 KB)
7001_52bdd33f36c8a.jpg 800X628 px

Posted on: 2013/12/27 20:25

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.