JVFBritney 2024/4/17
Alta78P82 2024/4/16
MarkT7319 2024/4/16

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Serious problems...
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Well,

My HTPC is on connected to a gigabit LAN. My internet connection is stable 100 MB/s. So it should work? Later in the evening I realized that ASRock has implemented a cheap QoS software on their motherboards - and it "decided" that my HTPC doesn't need more than 6MBs bandwith. There's some discussion available in the forums of this, too. Incredible. Even worse is that when I now connect even my laptop on that specific connection, the speed is reduced. This means, even my router is somehow affected.

All in all - your product doesn't have stake in these issues. Kind thanks for the robustness.

Posted on: 2016/2/1 8:36
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi Matti,

Are your devices on a wired network ?
Maybe try to decrease the stream bandwidth by selecting something like 500kbps video bitrate, scale at 50%.
Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2016/1/31 21:54

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
...replying to my own question; I don't know, what happened, but it started to work. After several restarts, all of sudden - here we go.

Now I have faced another issue. I am streaming the Enigma-TV to Kodi and have faced following items:
- After approx 3 min of viewing, the Enigma-TV halts for a second and then continues.
- If I'm watching TV from Enigma directly, no worries, all is good and the viewing continues.
- If I'm watching TV from Kodi, it announces "buffering", halts and returns to "channel selection". If I press the channel button, it might continue, but not always.

Obviously this is some sort of buffering problem - what can I do in order to get around it?

...and again, thanks for the great software!

Matti.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 19:01
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Serious problems...
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Hi!

I've been testing Enigma-TV VERY successfully on couple of laptops. No worries, whatsoever. Now, I finally got all the components in place and installed everything on my new HTPC. My setup is as follows:
- Asrock AM1H-ITX, AMD1, SSD + DVD, 8 GB ram, W10. No additional firewalls, only Windows and also that enables the Enigma-TV.

Enigma-TV reports (on title bar) that it is connected to my digibox, I can also see the bouquets on the settings tab. Also the webserver "goes green".

After all these points, when everything should be fine - there's nothing coming from the digibox. I have tested it with the Enigma-TV's on other pc's - and all is fine. Why oh why this one doesnt work? Any hints?

Another topic is that on this computer the Enigma-TV seems to be a lot more unstable. It jams for some seconds (doesn't always respond) and then starts again. When I clicked "start on windows startup", it actually started and vanished. I couldn't undo it disappearing before I re-installed it.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 16:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.