SpencerMar 2024/3/24
ShaynaJ98 2024/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Minimum system requirements
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello,

Strange that a media is slow also ...
I suppose this media is stored on a network drive or directly on your computer ?

Then when you are inside your network, you should use the url as :
Http://YourPCIP:LocalWebport/index_local.html
Are you using this index_local.html file ?

For image on DM500s, sorry but I do not remember what it is as I do no more use this model.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/1/22 19:33

Re: Re : : Minimum system requirements
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Thanks again for the answer, but as I said I know dm500 has networking issues, but I am using here for now just the mediaplayer to stream video files which are in the server using the "media player" function instead of "TV".

Could you please tell me the images for 500 which works better for this purpose? I am using a Sif Team 1.9.4.

Could you please also answer the following question?

I am not able to connect from another computer inside the network to check if the slow video depending on the computer or the internet connection. When I am inside the network from another computer I type the local ip, can connect to the web interface but then I see that the streaming url is not local ip address of the computer but the public ip and it always give an error. Is it normal that i cannot stream to another computer in the network?

Posted on: 2013/1/22 15:14
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re : : Minimum system requirements
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

I think your problem is the DM500s ...
This is an 'old' model that had sever network hardware issues.
Try with yur DM7020, that will work !
I had the same problem with my DM500s ...
The new models DM500HD works 100% and a DM7000 / DM7020 will also work ... the only model having issue was that DM500s but I know some team made special images for DM500s that made the streaming better working.
Well, change yur box to the DM7020 and jsut forget your DM500s.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/1/22 14:38

Re: Re : : Minimum system requirements
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
thanks for your answer!
i have tried like you said but still getting very slow video, not watchable at all.
I'm trying to use media player and streaming video which are in the computer. Not using dreambox right now because in the network i have a 500 s which is not good enough for streaming. In the weekend I will try a dream 7020 with much better performance.

I'm trying connecting from outside of the network. I am not able to connect from another computer inside the network to check if the slow video depending on the computer or the internet connection. When I am inside the network from another computer I type the local ip, can connect to the web interface but then I see that the streaming url is not local ip address of the computer but the public ip and it always give an error. Is it normal that i cannot stream to another computer in the network?

Posted on: 2013/1/21 23:19
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re : : Minimum system requirements
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello,

I think that should be enough ...
The power is only required for the video compression (VLC), so it will be depending on the setting you will give to the tool.
A SD channel should be ok without any problem.
anyway a SD channel will be enough to stream on a phone or tablet device, as the screen size is small.
In you network, try with video bitrate at 500 kbps, video scale at 0.5, audio bitrate at 128 kbps, 2 channels.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/1/21 20:09

Minimum system requirements
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Hi guys

what is the minimum system requirements for the server?

I have a pentium 4 2.8 Ghz and 3 Gb of RAM, is it enough?

Thanks

Posted on: 2013/1/21 13:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.