MerlinBuss 2024/3/25
MarylouGil 2024/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re : : Problems with streaming
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Thanks for sharing Pwd100 !
For sure you can't use a port still in use by another device and redirected in your router ...
You did the right things !

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/5/31 16:36

Re: Problems with streaming
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
I was having very similar issues to this yesterday but now it works 100% every time. The only thing I did was change the ports that i used for streaming locally and publically. I had them originally set as the defaualt values 8080 and 80. I changed these to 8090 and 90 (as my dreambox uses 80)sorted these ports out in my router (port triggering rather than pert forwarding)and have had it working seamlessly since on all devices (not tried android yet).

Thank you for a fantastic program.

Quote:

Seventhson wrote:
Hi,
Have just tried again using the local address on another pc on the network and the stream played fine. I then tried the external address (my dyndns) on the same pc and via 3G on my mobile and both played the stream fine! Strange how it wouldn't work but now does.
However I now have another problem occured: When trying the external address for a second time, it kept telling me that I had entered the wrong password, even though it was correct. Then when I tried refreshing the page, it now will not even find the web interface using the external address.
(edit:This second problem now solved by ending and reconnecting internet, giving me a new external ip)
At least I now know that it works, the other problem i'll have to figure out somehow.
Thanks

Posted on: 2013/5/31 15:47
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

Ok, good.
I really supect your router is the fault ... (ohhh I'm bad ... )
I say this because you told me that from outside you sometimes get the web page, sometimes not ... the password works and then doesn't work anymore (slow response will go into timeout and then tell you wrong password), etc ...
So, the only thing I can tell you is that if the app works inside your network then it do its job.
The router is there just to redirect ports and the app should then do exactly the same but from the outside.
I hope you will fix this router issue.

Also : pay attention to your DSL IP (maybe it changes from time to time ... same for the PC & Dreambox IP, fix them to a value and remove them from DHCP) ... for your DSL IP, try to use a DNS.

Best regards,

Sébastien.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 14:25

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,
Have just tried again using the local address on another pc on the network and the stream played fine. I then tried the external address (my dyndns) on the same pc and via 3G on my mobile and both played the stream fine! Strange how it wouldn't work but now does.
However I now have another problem occured: When trying the external address for a second time, it kept telling me that I had entered the wrong password, even though it was correct. Then when I tried refreshing the page, it now will not even find the web interface using the external address.
(edit:This second problem now solved by ending and reconnecting internet, giving me a new external ip)
At least I now know that it works, the other problem i'll have to figure out somehow.
Thanks

Posted on: 2013/4/27 14:08
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

OK ...
VLC is embedded in Enigma-TV, it is located in C:\Users\YourUserName\EnigmaTV\vlc ... so you don't need to have it running or whatever else ...

Lets do another test to be sure the issue is not coming from your router :
Please run the web interface using the local URL and calling the index_local.html like http://192.168.0.4:8001/index_local.html

Using this local web page (index_local.html) it should also use the local stream URL (built in the index_local.html) and the video should stream.
If this test works then the issue is really related to your router OR to a port not supported by your DSL provider.

Lets check this and tell me.

Thx & best regards,

Posted on: 2013/4/27 13:20

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Port 8001 is setup in the router in exactly the same way as 8200 is in the pictures. Like you, I can see no reason why it should not work, but it doesn't.
This may seem a pointless question, but does VLC need to be running also, or does enigma tv have it built in?
It's annoying as the only part I cannot get to work is the streaming from the web interface.
Thanks

Posted on: 2013/4/27 12:53

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

You said you can access the web media player from outside.
It then means that you have set the port forward rule in your router for port 8001 properly.
If this works, there is no reason why the stream port should not work ...
In the 2 router pictures you posted, we only see the port 8200 used for the stream part ...
What have you done in your router to redirect the port 8001 for the web ???
You have to reproduce the same for the stream and it should work.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/4/27 10:07

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Tried 8080 instead of 8200, no change. I still get the same error message.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 23:38

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

Yes, local & public.
Change your router rule also for this port forward.

Thx,

Posted on: 2013/4/26 21:16

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
For the local,public or both?

Posted on: 2013/4/26 19:42

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.