MarylouGil 2024/3/24
SpencerMar 2024/3/24
ShaynaJ98 2024/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: setup problems
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Yes, a 'client' tool that will do what the web interface is doing.
It will be pure apps that you will install on the phones or tablets.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/8/4 16:44

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
For example:
once understood how the whole system works (and now I can say...Yes, I have understood), I must admit that the pre-announce of Android & iOs Apps misleaded my understanding at that time: infact I thought that Enigma TV was the App (for Android & iOs) in developing stage because, from remote, it was necessary to be installed on the remote device to be able to connect to the decoder...Now I know that's not true...so what kind of Apps are you developing for mobile devices ?
A new sort of browser ? Please let me understand :)

Mariolone

Posted on: 2013/8/4 14:09
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

Sure Mariolone, this will be done but after the release of the Android & iOS apps ...
I want to group all necessary info in an unique documentation.
I will keep your text that is very nice

I'm really happy that it works for you now !

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:38

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Surprise, surprise...it WORKS !!!!
Thanks again for the support...

Anyway Sebastien...Do you think that a very short manual (just to say: 10-15 lines)shouldn't help a lot ?

Something like:
"Enigma TV is a program that acts as a WEB Server and must be installed in a PC (always running)in the place where is your Decoder. Accessing this Server from a remote PC , connected to Internet & using only a normal Browser, you can browse & watch all the channels of your Decoder, from everywhere in the world."
ETC...

Very simple & very clear...

Best regards

Mariolone

Posted on: 2013/8/3 21:14
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re : : setup problems
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
You are welcome.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/8/3 9:49

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Sorry Guys I am late...thanks to all of you
If you carefully read my post of the 29/7 (22:52)you will find I was guessing:

"Is it perhaps necessary that a local PC is always running to be able to connect from remote ?"

No answer arrived and that's why I was sure it was NOT necessary...

deverbie has understood perfectely my wrong feeling: I was sure that the possibility to connect from remote 'd depend on the use (from remote) of a PC using Enigma tv installed on it: infact I have registered the program installed on remote PC...Now its clear I was totally wrong

Well I 'll try this weekend the totally new approach (its clear now to me) I I'll let you know...

Thanks again to deverbie & Sébastien

Mariolone

Posted on: 2013/8/3 7:31

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello,

Exactly Deverbie, after reading Mariolone last post I also mean he didn't understood the whole interconnection.
So, Mariolone, the best to explain how the tool works is to watch the picture on the home page of this web site.
There, you will understand that your Dreambox should be in the same network than the PC where Enigma-TV is installed on.
This P. is directly connected with your Dreambox and will be used as a bridge (web server) between your home and the outside.
Enigma-TV is there to compress the video stream so that you can watch a stream from a 'poor' connectio (outside)
There is a 'web media player' integrated into the web server of Enigma-TV. This is the only thing that you need to call from another device and this is clearly explained in the help video.
Enigma-TV is just to install on the PC that will be used as server ...
And so, you need to redirect the server PC ip & ports to the outside using your router.

Is it now clear ?

Posted on: 2013/8/1 19:40

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Ciao Mariolone,
I think your problem is that you think that you don't need a local PC (in the same network as your receiver) when you want to connect with a remote PC (at another location) to your receiver.
=> Please note that you ALWAYS need your local PC ON with Enigma TV running.
=> When you want to connect with your remote PC, you have to connect (using the web browser) to the public IP of your local PC (that will make the decoding with your receiver).
So with remote PC (in different network) you CANNOT make a DIRECT connection to your receiver.
Also on your remote pc you do not have to install Enigma TV.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Best regards,
deverbie.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 18:34

Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Sébastien
there is an evident (almost for me) problem of mutual understanding: you and me give different meanings to the same words. So if we really want to fix this problem, both of us MUST follow (with no flexibility) simple rules about which both of us agree.I'll give you an example: you say http://YourPublicIP:85 , but it doesnt mean anything (for sure) for me: I have a YourPublicIP locally AND in remote (of course very different) and from where I have to digit that command you dont say for sure...
So first of all:
- Local (locally) means where the decoder is installed
- Remote means where I installed and registered the Software Enigma TV (that cannot connect right now...), in my case is about 30 km. far from the local place.
For all the many other definitions, I'd suggest to have as a guide the definitions present in the settings page of Enigma TV (see enclosed screenshot, taken from the Enigma TV running in local place, connected and with the REAL numeric parameters, reflecting my situation).
That means that you & I cannot say a generic word "local IP" but you & I'd say instead (as an example) "Stream local IP" of ETV running in remote PC & (only if its a command) also specify from where (local or remote) the command must be tested.
Is it clear ? Do you agree Sébastien ?
So I'd suggest to reset everything said till now, and start with these new rules.
Thanks a lot
Mariolone

Attach file:

jpg  Dati_Settaggio_Enigma-TV_local_003.jpg (49.63 KB)
9140_51fa1a2e8d861.jpg 416X594 px

Posted on: 2013/8/1 10:20

Re : : setup problems
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

Your settings looks good !
Have you activated the Internet Control Mode ? (from the Enigma-TV menu ...)
The web port should change to blue color.
Then you should be able to connect using your public IP like :
http://YourPublicIP:85

If this doesn't work then first try in your internal network using the local IP like :
http://192.168.1.8:95/index_local.html

If the local works but not the public then there is a problem with your router.
Yesteday I had a case where a user had good router settings but was unable to open the web interface with the public IP into ins own network !!!
I tested the web interface from my home and I could connect !!!
His router was unable to manage the public IP inside its own network !

So very strange cases sometimes.
Lets do the tests I told you, report the results and then we will do more if it still doesn't work.
We will ge it working !!!

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/7/30 19:39

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.