You're here » Home Page » Forum » Re: Only sound but no video (black screen) [Help]

Connexion

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Social Networks

New Users

CatalinaHo 2024/4/25
WandaGunde 2024/4/24
PhyniX 2024/4/22
JeniferBow 2024/4/22
LukasBtc03 2024/4/22
KennithDos 2024/4/22
WilliamsJe 2024/4/22
HarrietBer 2024/4/22
RoseanneEv 2024/4/22
tymek 2024/4/21

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Only sound but no video (black screen)
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

This is all done in the server app directly ... there is no external setup for the transcoding.
Booo, I have a lot on my desk ...

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/4 20:52

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
Thanks for your help, I hope you can find a solution for me.
In the meantime, can you tell me in which files of Enigma_TV I can find the actually used VLC stream settings (like buffer size, transcoding profile, ...).
Best regards.

Posted on: 2013/12/4 18:54
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re : : Only sound but no video (black screen)
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

I will look at this issue but I cannot promise to solve it for the week-end ... I'm also really busy.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/3 23:07

Re: Re : : Only sound but no video (black screen)
Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
1) Just to be clear I was still not able to make it work with the webbrowser of Enigma TV.
2) What I tried (in VLC player, not with command line) with the "start time" is the following:
a) Open VLC player (vlc.exe)
b) select Media; select "Stream"
c) Add file with the recorded movie (that gives no video in webbrowser of Enegma)
d) select "show options" : Caching: 1000 ms; START TIME: 00H:00m:01s:00
e) select "Stream"
f) Select destination file (e.g. teststream)
g) Klick "stream"
h) Then I stream during +/- 10 sec to the selecte destination file (teststream) and stop
=> If I now play with VLC the "teststream" I have sound and video.
=> if in line d) I leave the START TIME = 0 then the "teststream" has very often only sound and no video!

Can this information help to solve the problem?
Will this also solve the problem of the TV streaming with no Video after channel switch?

My daugther and I would realy appriciate to have a fast solution because during the week she stays in a student home with only internet connection and she would like to watch TV and recorded movies in a confortable way!
=> I hope you can help us!
Best regards.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 21:36
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello

No I don't need the video file ...
What is interresting in your comment is that when you set the video start to 1 sec then it works all times.
That is something I can try to implement.
Did you setup VLC to start at 1 sec using a command line ?
That would help me.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/3 19:10

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
1)Sorry for the late reaction but I have been doing some further investigation because the problem is still present.

2) Anyway, to answer your question: Yes this is only happening when I stream over webbroser (local or public) and it is not present when I stream directly with the Enigma_TV Server. Also this problem is only occuring sometimes ( 1 on 5) after channel switch and never with FTA channels.
3) Now I found an similar problem that also with a stream of a recorded movie (recorded with my stb) I only have sound but no video.

4) The tests I did so far with this recorded movie are:
a) Played with webbrowser (as well local as public) -> No video.
b) Played directly in Enigma-TV server -> ok, sound and video.
c) Played directly with VLC player -> ok, sound and video.
d) Streamed this record several times with VLC to a file and then played these streams: some streams give video and other streams don't give video. Should some VLC settings be changed because I noticed that if I set the start time = 1 sec in VLC before I make the stream that playing this streamedd file always seems to give video.
=> If you want I can send you this record (via dropbox because it is 800MB) so that you can analyse and hopefully solve my problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:23

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hello,

Is this only when you stream to another device or also in Enigma-TV server when you want to watch such a channel on your PC ?

We have to investigate directly on your PC with a debug version, maybe next week if you have time ?

Thanks,

Posted on: 2013/11/10 9:24

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello Sébastien,
I would like to come back on this issue because I was still not able to solve it!
However, in the meantime I discovered that I have never this problem with free to air channels!
=> Could this information be usefull to solve my problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.

Posted on: 2013/11/9 18:16

Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
I've no other ideas ...
Try to do your own tests and tell us if you find a solution.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/11/3 16:48

Aspirant

Benutzerinformationen
Thanks KK7712 and Sébastien,
@KK7712: I think my EnigmaTV and router settings are ok, because most of the time it works fine. I would expect with wrong port settings that it will never work or is this a wrong assumption?
@Sébastien: Ok, but I am very pleased with the VTI image and since streaming with webinterface works fine I would expect that it should also work fine with Enigma TV.
=> Anything else I can try like changing Video output settings or maybe changing some settings in vlc or Mongoose?
By the way,after deeper analysis this is what happening:
a) First log in: sometimes only sound but no image (black screen).
b) After channel switch: sometimes only sound of the new channel but still a "paused" video image of the previous channel.
c) After switching to another (third) channel and then back to the original it most of the time works fine again.
Best regards,

Posted on: 2013/11/3 12:04

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.