Sure, I understand ...
Not sure I can do something more then.

Best regards,

Geschrieben: 23.04.2013

Re: xbmc and enigmatv
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Dear Sebastien,

The problem when asking XBMC programmers to create a plugin/add-on for your program, is that XBMC is an open-source project and totally free to use, while your program is not. Which means that it's very hard to convince XBMC programmers to create something which will in the end mostly benefit you (financially).

I think that the strength of your program mostly lie in the option to transcode on-the-fly streams from an Enigma box, and the possibility to control the boxes remotely (change channels and compression options). In my modest opinion, instead of spending time on the front end interface if you would use the immensely popular XBMC program (that runs on Windows/iOS/Linux/Android etc.) and now with the Android PC on a Stick and "Raspberry pi" options available to almost everyone and create a plugin / service that would run on the server PC (in the background) transcoding a stream when requested by a program like XBMC.

I am not an IT expert, but the easiest option would be to make "Enigma TV" compatible with XBMC TuxBox (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TuxBox). If you could integrate the compressed streams in TuxBox, it would mean that I can do remotely (and compressed) what I already do in my local network (but without the compression).

Please let me know what you think about this option, and believe me if you are the first to give this options to enigma2 box owners in an integrated XBMC way, your program popularity will explode as it will become compatible with any OS (on the front end side) without your need to do anything.

PS: I understand that by using the internet browser, you already guarantee that it is compatible throughout different platforms (any that can run flash), but using a web browser to watch TV on your HTPC, is not user friendly and greatly hinders the experience of watching TV on an HTPC.

Geschrieben: 23.04.2013
Drucke Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Nach oben

Re : : xbmc and enigmatv
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

Sorry but I don't know XBMC very well ...
I had this on my Xbox for a long time ago and it was a very good media player.
I also remember that it existed a plugin embeded into XBMC to control the Dreambox & stream also.
Maybe that still exists in the current versions on PC ?
anyway, if you have some contact with XBMC programmers, I could easylly explain them how to control Enigma-TV with a dedicated plugin. All is ready for that.

Best regards,

Geschrieben: 21.04.2013

xbmc and enigmatv
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Hello all,
I am wondering if I can configure my XBMC to get the streams from EnigmaTV
Thanks for your help

Geschrieben: 21.04.2013
Drucke Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Nach oben

Erlaubt, Themen anzuschauen.
Nicht erlaubt, ein neues Thema zu erstellen.
Nicht erlaubt, auf Beiträge zu antworten.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge zu editieren.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge zu löschen.
Nicht erlaubt, Umfragen zu erstellen.
Nicht erlaubt, in Umfragen abzustimmen.
Nicht erlaubt, Dateien hoch zu laden.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge ohne Prüfung zu schreiben.
Nicht erlaubt, Thementyp zu setzen.
Nicht erlaubt, HTML zu benutzen.
Nicht erlaubt, Signatur zu benutzen.

[Erweiterte Suche]