You're here » Home Page » Forum » Re : : Feedback on performance: iOS over 3G [Help]

Connexion

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Social Networks

New Users

Valorie500 2024/5/5
ValeriaCle 2024/5/3
LutherJers 2024/5/2
MegavetH 2024/5/2
GarryAstud 2024/5/2
LeoWfc5068 2024/5/2
LupeMillar 2024/5/2
ScottyKear 2024/5/1
TabathaBra 2024/5/1
KassieHell 2024/5/1

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re : : Feedback on performance: iOS over 3G
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Strange situation ...
The step to get a stream played in the media player is to wait for some flags to be ready on the server, as soon the flag is ready then the client tool should read the stream.
This means that the tool do not catch the flag on the server side even if it exists and that the stream has really started.
In the next coming version 2.0.0.4 I embbed 2 different web servers, the user can select witch one he wants to use.
Lets wait the release and test it to see if it makes it better.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2014/10/18 21:51

Re: Re : : Feedback on performance: iOS over 3G
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Thanks Sébastien

I am running at 200k. I don't think this is an issue wtih the bandwidth since the web app via Safari is using the same limited bandwidth successfully where the app is not successful.

Today I was out and about using XBMC on 3G. For the first few attempts streaming I got a 'URL not available on this server' (or similar) message. I was logged into my PC also via VNC and I could see that the server thought it was successfully streaming to my iPhone. After a few attempts, without changing any settings or position, the stream started working.

I wonder if there is something else unpredictable about the 3G networks. Something other than bandwidth.

reverend

Posted on: 2014/10/18 19:58
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

Re : : Feedback on performance: iOS over 3G
Administrateur

Benutzerinformationen
Hi,

If it works internally then it shoudl work from outside also but it always depend to your 3G provider quality.
Even if the signal on the phone it good but there is a lot of people on the network, then the performance can be limited.
The only advice I can give you is to reduce the transcoding parameters, let's say : 250 Kbps video, scale at 50%, 64 Kbps for audio.

Best regards,

Posted on: 2014/10/18 11:14

Feedback on performance: iOS over 3G
Débutant

Benutzerinformationen
Hi there,

New user here.

I've noticed some apparent anomalies with the Enigma TV iOS app and XBMC plugin especially on 3G. I am using:

1. Enigma TV iOS app
2. XBMC plugin on an XBMC install on iOS
3. The web portal via Safari on iOS

With 1 above I can connect to the server and I can see that the server gives a 'streaming in progress' message. However the client app always times out.

With 2 above I can connect to the server and I can see that the server gives a 'streaming in progress' message. The client will stream once but each subsequent stream will produce a 'check streaming port' message until XBMC is restarted.

3 above is the most reliable method on my iPhone with Safari working about 90% of the time on 3G.

A wireless connection (on my LAN or across the internet) produces better results on all platforms.

I see other people have had issues with the iOS app on mobile networks. Is there anything that I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

danyul

Posted on: 2014/10/17 22:32
Print Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Top

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.